ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:01:22 -0500
Kathy,

Your feelings are not uncommon to God's warning.  This is why I believe a
strong discipline is necessary especially today with great opposition to
the family values and undermining of parental authority and right to raise
a child as seen in a godly way. Unfortunately there are those who abuse
their children and remove such rights from those who do not, and thus
paralyze all from godly disciplines.

Prov 10:1
A wise son makes a father glad,
But a foolish son is a grief to his mother.
NASU

Prov 15:20
20 A wise son makes a father glad,
But a foolish man despises his mother.
NASU

Prov 19:26
26 He who assaults his father and drives his mother away
Is a shameful and disgraceful son.
NASU

Prov 20:20
20 He who curses his father or his mother,
His lamp will go out in time of darkness.
NASU

Prov 29:15
15 The rod and reproof give wisdom,
But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother.
NASU

Kathy Du Bois wrote:
>Well, Phil,
>         As always, you are right.  One thing that I suppose that chris is
>afraid of is responsibility.  He's also afraid of new situations, but on
>the responsibility thing, I think that he likes the idea of having
>responsibility, but not the reality of it.
>         By the way, Chris did not go to Eric's today with us.  I happened
>to have a recording of yesterday's events.  Unfortunately, it was of very
>poor quality, but about five minutes worth was enough to give Eric an
>idea of the reality of the situation.  Eric called the probation office
>for us and ran in to the same dead ends that we did.  AT least now he
>sees more clearly the opposition that we are up against.  He is
>encouraging us to still try to get the police on our side before another
>situation happens so that I can get my authority in the home back and so
>that they may be more willing to act.  I'm so sick of this!  The
>probation officer and Eric also suggested that we contact adult
>protective service, anything to get some protection and some real help
>for Chris.  Greg is doing most of the calling and leg work right now.
>I've lost a lot of the will to fight.  Please pray especially for Greg
>while he bares the weight of our family on his  shoulders.  I'm having a
>lot of trouble willing myself to put the next foot forward in walking
>along side.  I'm ashamed of that fact, but it is the truth.  Most of me
>just wants to take Caleb and Liz and move into our new house and be all
>cozy and warm and leave Chris behind.  Some mother, huh?
>God bless,
>Kathy

>Get your name as your email address.
>Includes spam protection, 1GB storage, no ads and more
>Only $1.99/ month - visit http://www.mysite.com/name today!

Brad

   Give God what's right,  not what's left