ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 21:58:47 -0600
You know, I was thinking, since there is another virus going around, I mean
a computer virus, and they claim it is a worm so it doesn't need to come as
an attachment to work?  Well, I suppose that's true and although I have read
all sorts of things about computer viruses, including worm viruses, and had
one once many years ago when running a bulletin board system, and even had a
friend once whose job for a large company was to do nothing but test and
study viruses, I still get a laugh at all this junk mail I get.  Sure, some
of them have viruses.  You should see my quarantine folder Norton keeps.
One day, a couple of years ago, I got 75 viruses in one single day and about
10 to 15 each day thereafter for a week.  No fooling.  One advantage I have,
however, is having several possibilities of email addresses.  In every case
except one, the viruses, plus the junk mail, comes to me using my website
mailing addresses.  Only one time did someone figure out how to run a virus
through comcast.net to everybody with a bogus warning of a virus and asking
you to click on a link for the fix.  Sure and thank you but I already new
about the hoax.  Did you know that you can get an email which warns you of a
virus and when you click on the link the literally has MSN as the website, a
bogus URL will capture your log on to MSN and redirect it to the virus
website which looks just like MSN?  I called a company advertising on
national TV and radio and told them about this happening to them by someone
trying to under cut their prices for their product.  They already knew it
but if you logged on a second time right away, you went to the real website.
Very tricky.  Man, some people must live a twisted boring life.  Aren't
computers wonderful?

Phil.

I Flew Kites With Jesus
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com