ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:03:45 -0400
From:
April Reisinger <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Blessed  was  the empty womb from which Jesus Christ was born
Holy was the empty throne from which His reign was torn;
Amazing was the empty cup filled with water turned to wine,
Seeing were the empty eyes of the man who was born blind.

Hungry were the empty stomachs, 5000, in all, one time,
Thirsty was the empty heart at the well living water sublime!
Powerful, those empty words and that mocking kiss;
Shameful, the empty angry cries and the beatings that didn't miss;

Confused, the centurian who carried the empty cross for the man, by then in
shock,
Angry and bitter, the empty taunts and this God-Man they did mock.
But listen!  Listen!  Listen! No empty words came from this man's voice;
And Look! His blood was emptied from His body, And it was His own choice.

The empty cross after the deed was done and His body taken down;
The bereaved empty hearts of friends and family, for him a tomb they found.
Tell me what could comfort the empty hearts of His mother, His Family, His
Friends?
Would there be no relief to the empty agony, Would it ever end?

Empty was the bottle of perfumed ointments she had poured on his feet,
Empty were the bags of spices used,  his burial to complete.
But empty was the hallowed tomb and the stone was rolled away,
Yes, empty was the tomb with an angel there to say,
"He is not Here! He is risen from the dead!"
His promises were not empty, He did just what He said.

Because that tomb is empty, my life is so rich and so full;
Because that tomb is empty, True Love reigns in my soul.
Because that tomb is empty, He reigns on High as He did before!
And because that tomb is empty, His promises live forever more.

All prophets, leaders, teachers, and kings have graves and stones to show,
They lived and died, and that is that, their bodies are there, we know.
But Jesus, my Jesus, his empty tomb means joy,
Life eternal, supernatural, that nothing can destroy.

So Empty isn't always bad, sometimes it can be good,
Sometimes it can be possitive if we think of it as we should.
Sometimes it can be wonderful, fascinating, awesome and strong!
At all times, that empty tomb can fill my heart with song.

Written by:
Keni April Reisinger
For The Glory of God
Easter morning, Sunday, April 11, 2004