From:
Lenore Epstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lenore Epstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:08:14 -0500

Greetings, listmates!

I'm travelling to New Orleans for a conference this fall.  I've always
wanted to try real N'Orleans cuisine, but now that I need to avoid gluten
I'm not sure I can chance a lot of eating out there.  The only cajun dish
I've reliably found to be GF (if there's no cross-contamination) is
jambalaya, which I've eaten safely at a few of our local SLC restaurants.

Do any of you have experience with downtown restaurants in New Orleans?
Aside from nicer restaurants (I've had good experience communicating with
competent chefs), are there any that you know of that are familiar with
gluten or allergy issues where it's safe to eat the local cuisine?

I'll gladly summarize.

Lenore