From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 22:03:28 -0700
William Pike wrote:
>John, since both drives are 7200RPM I'd defiantly leave the OS on the
>smaller drive.

Wow, is this wrong or what? One does not put the OS or anything else on a
drive that has a lower buffer. I use WD drives and I always use the "JJ"
designation when possible due to the fact it is the faster drive due to the
buffer.

Both drives turn at 7200rpm which means they turn at the same rate of speed.
When you consider the buffer, the larger drive has it over the smaller drive
due to the fact it will store more immediate information for faster
access...

 As far as affecting choice; it does. Re-do the drives. Make the 120 the
primary drive, partition it so the OS has its own partition and go from
there. Putting various components in their own little world (partition) will
help if the OS gets corrupt. If you leave everything in one large partition
and the OS becomes corrupt, everything on the drive will have to be redone
at some point in time.
http://www.langa.com/backups/backups(4).htm

In the beginning I wasn't a great advocate of partitions but due the fact
I've lost valuable information that was for the most part, irretrievable, I
learned to divide a drive to prevent... Well almost prevent disaster. My
best plans sometimes went  or ran amuck...

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,