ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:37:20 -0400
Hi Amie,
        I will be praying for you, but, and this is just my opinion, but
I do believe that there is a lot of truth in it, your situation will get
easier when you have determined to make a go of it.  Right now, you are
unsure of yourself, and that is understandable.  Your mother doesn't want
to be put in to the position of pushing a frightened child out of the
nest.  We are protectors by nature.  One of the hardest things to do as a
mother is to stand back and allow your child to suffer for their own
good.    However, the more confident that you become, the more supportive
she too may be come in encouraging you to gain your independence.  It
sounds like you've come a long way already in just the short time that
you have been blind, but there is still a long way that you   can go.
Lot's of blind people attend college and live independently, especially
if they receive the proper training in daily living skills, mobility and
so forth.  An employer may be more interested in hiring you as well when
he or she  sees the confidence that you have in yourself.
Lots of us have had to accept the fact that we have to move, or do or
become something that we may not have originally chosen, but the
wonderful thing is that through it all, God walks with us and guides us.
We are never alone.
Kathy

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths
I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and
make the rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do, I will not
forsake them.   Isaiah 42:16

Now includes pop-up blocker!