ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:22:28 -0500
I'm enjoying your updates and opportunity to share your joy in your new
home and any spiritual analogies to apply to life as we live it here on
earth. Here's a bit of one for you. Did you know, at least in these parts,
when preparing for the foundation and footings, they lay a base of gravel
to allow drainage of water to drain away from the house to prevent
flooding? What is gravel but broken rock. What is Jesus? Our rock, broken
for us that we may not drown in our sin and has provided his brokenness to
allow our sin to pass through him and shun it away from us.

Brad

Kathy Du Bois wrote:
>Hi Guys
>Well, , It's 8:00 am. The cement truck has been here since 7:30. This is
>pretty hard work considering that after tomorrow, or soon, it will never
>be seen again. First, the men had to fill 5 gallon buckets to fill the
>actually deep corners. Now, the truck is pouring cement and the men have
>to just keep moving it along, using their shovels kind of like canoe
>paddles to push the poured cement along. Oh, we've just emptied the first
>truck and the second one has moved into position. There have to be
>spiritual lessons here about foundations and working hard for a good
>result even if you can't show it off. I'm just absorbing it all right now
>to make sense of it all later.
>Kathy

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Brad

   There is a difference between having a problem, and being a problem