From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:45:13 -0500
Hi Steve,

A rotary inductor will require a number of turns of the control knob to go
from one end to the other.  At one end the entire value of the coil is in
the circuit - at the other, almost no inductance is left.

It shouldn't be too hard, once you know the number of turns end to end, to
learn/remember where to stop tuning for a particular frequency.

Hope this helps.