From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:27:10 -0700
I don't have the radio, but am wondering if there is a pl decoder/encoder in the radio.  If you have it activated, you might not be hearing signals because
they aren't coming in with the correct pl.  Many times you can press the unsquelch button to override this and actually hear the station whether they're using
pl or not.

Might be something to check.

Don  W6SMB

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:32:33 +0100, Keith Barrett wrote:

Hi,

Tood delivery of the th-f7e today and seem to have a problem with the
squelch.

Not sure if this is a fault or perhaps something is activated.

The squelch seems to work normally on band "B".  However, on band
"A" I can hear no signals unless I press the moni button.  If I press key 5
to adjust the threshhold, I still get no noise.

I believe signals are being received, as my daughter tells me that the
meter is indicating received signals and, if I press the moni button, I can
hear the local stations.

Any thoughts on what I might have done or could this be a faulty unit?

Thanks

Keith

- -

Keith Barrett