From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:03:46 +0000
On Jan 19, 2005, at 1:31 pm, William wrote:
>> While am not a Physicist I know enough about physics to state
>> unequivocally
>> that microbes (or any other biochemical system) cannot transmute
>> miners.
>
> This is a statement of faith, and cannot be answered by me.
>
> William

I have to say I agree with Tad.  Having studied quite a bit of physics
myself, I know that transforming one mineral into another can't be done
without a nuclear reaction.  But- the microbes may transform minerals
into a more easily absorbed form- a bit like vitamin C enhances
absorption of non-heme iron.

I read your other post about kefir but I found that unfortunately it is
made from milk which rules it out for me: I have a milk intolerance and
I doubt I will ever eat dairy again.  If it goes in my favour though, I
eat organic veg and I never wash the thin layer of soil off the bottom.
  Celery in particular collects quite a bit.  I figure these must help a
bit to balance my gut bacteria.

My stools vary and although they are sometimes quite dark, they can
equally by quite light and grey which suggests something is up with my
digestion.  I had always believed that the latter symptom indicates
liver problems and does fit the pattern.

Ashley