From:
Mary Anne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:09:31 -0500
    The word "disease" has been bantied about a bit recently. I was under
the impression that "disease" meant that some sort of bacterium or virus -
(a) living organism(s) - had invaded the body and was causing havoc.
    A lot of things - including heavy metals, poisons, allergenic items,
hydrocarbons, etc. - can enter the body and also create havoc in that body.
They are not diseases, per se, but they do create that havoc. They can be
loosely labeled as "malaises", which comes from the French word for
"disease" (basically, "ill at ease").
    From what I can see, the paleofood WOE seems to be the best way to help
the body create the cells that help fight off, kill off, surround whatever
is creating the havoc - no matter what the source - and eliminate the
offender from the body. We can usually take measures to avoid the second
group of havoc wreakers.
    It's harder to do so for the first set I have labeled "disease". The
best way is to keep the body as best as possible at peak shape. Once again,
the paleofood way appears to be the best bet - especially if one doesn't
have the money to afford many nutritional supplements to assist in the
fight.

Mary Anne Unger