ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:36:31 -0500
Hey Brad and Rhonda,
         Brad, your comments about Moses caused me to reflect upon my own
bible reading for this morning.  It's amazing to me how, even though God
knows all, He has a purpose in allowing us to struggle with the sins of our
fellow man.  He must do this for our sakes and our growth.  For example,
I'm reading in Joshua right now and, have you ever wondered why God didn't
just point the finger at Achan and tell Joshua, "there's your man!  He's
the one responsible for your failure at Ai.  Get him!" In stead, God had
them go through a big process of illimination to learn the truth.  Perhaps,
he was giving Achan a chance to fess up, but it is interesting to me that,
he let the process work instead of short circuiting it and cutting to the
chase.    Or, why did the people of Israel still have to honor the vows
that they made with the Gibeonites in Joshua 9?  After all, it was given
under false premises.  In today's world, if a contract is made based on
false information it is not binding, but this oath was binding.  We know
that because of what happens to Israel when they neglect their vows to the
gibeonites in second Samuel.  So often, what seems unfair, is used by God
to test the strength of our commitment.  How God works in our lives is just
so fascinating!!
Kathy
Always for His glory