ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:39:02 -0500
  Ah. My daughter has been taken with Japanese language and culture since
middle school. But when we moved to Texas they didn't offer Japanese, in
fact there aren't all that many colleges that offer it even. So she kept on
with Spanish when she returned to WI. But, the college here offers a summer
program in Japan, I bet she'll go for it if she can make finances work out
for tuitions and etc.

Bradleyson

Kathy Du Bois wrote:
>Well, Karen asked if Matt got the job at Arnies and, unfortunately, I
>have to say, I don't know exactly.  Matt kept calling and leaving
>messages for the manager that he had talked to, but he didn't bother to
>make face to face contact.  The manager didn't return his calls, as far
>as Matt knows, but Matt wasn't very aggressive either.  The truth is, the
>manager may have tried to contact Matt, but Matt doesn't have an
>answering machine, so he can't say outright that the manager didn't
>return his calls.  Matt finally went down to Arnies two weeks ago and he
>was told to come back in two weeks, which would be today.  Matt, as far
>as I know, is planning on going back, for a face to face this afternoon.
>He would still like to work there if possible.  As far as other leads go,
>he has had none, but I'm not sure how hard he is working on it.  He has
>begun studying Japanese and he is very taken with it, culture and
>language.  He is considering changing his major to Japanese.  I just hope
>that money matters don't cut him off at the pass and they might if he
>doesn't buckle down and find a job.  I'm just praying that things get
>settled this afternoon for him one way or another.  He does spend a lot
>of time instant messaging his old highschool friends and he is finding a
>lot of time to do the fun activities that the school offers.  He's also
>ahead in his homework, so college life agrees with him pretty well.  It's
>the work part that he is finding allusive.
>Kathy

>Get your name as your email address.
>Includes spam protection, 1GB storage, no ads and more
>Only $1.99/ month - visit http://www.mysite.com/name today!

Brad

   Looking for an item or want to sell an item? Place your FREE classified
at: HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Northwestern Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities classified connection!