ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:10:11 +0100
Brad, I entered with you into some of those feelings and am so sorry
about this.  Only last week I shared at length with a Christian friend
(much younger than myself) who has "a mental illness problem" and she'd
tried three times that week to commit suicide.  I asked her what was
going on in her mind and whether she had planned it.  She told me she'd
planned the first two episodes down to the last minute . . . went ahead
. . . alone.  It's a miracle she didn't die because she took enough
stuff for both of us.  Then the third she didn't even plan . . . it just
happened.  Now she can't even understand herself but I know God
understands where she was and why it happened.  When I see that kind of
progression and know Satan's influence in a life, it makes me very cross
indeed!  On Monday evening I spoke to another lady who wanted to commit
suicide.  Perhaps she was prevented that day by the kind intervention of
God!  He sent a friend along who (on seeing the situation) stayed with
her all day!

Yes, we need to look out for these hurting people and bring them to
Jesus for His healing.  Brad, don't beat yourself up though because, if
Jesus had wanted you to be involved in this person's life, He would have
told you and I know you would have responded!  We can't (sadly) save
everyone, but we can pluck some from the fire.  Let's all pray He shows
us those we can help and then get on and do it!

--
Carol