ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:56:36 -0700
Hi, Jen.  I'm Catholic, so I like to go online and read the daily readings,
and then I go to another website that has commentaries on them and I read
those.  I also have several devotional emails that I download into my
BrailleNote, usually in the evening, and read before bed.  But I know what
you mean by it being hard to get anything out of it.  It's so easy,
especially if it's a reading you've read a zillion times before (and I've
read the Bible through several times) to just kind of look at the words and
let them sail by our consciousness and say, "There, I've done my readings,"
without really reflecting on what we read.  I'm sure being blind has
something to do with it, in that like you say, we don't have all the
references and study materials.  But I think it's just part of the human
condition.  I imagine our sighted buddies struggle with the same stuff.

Peggy

At 10:03 PM 9/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C49138.BAC07E30
>
>Hi.  I may have some what a silly question... but nevertheless. How do =
>you all go about daily Bible Reading and study?  Do you find that as a =
>blind person it's harder?  I mean because sighted people have things =
>available to them that we don't.  I don't even really know where to =
>begin... i mean i read but don't seem to be getting anything out of it.  =
>Does this mean I'm not a Christian?  I don't think so at all. =20
>Awaiting your responses!
>=20
>Jenifer Barr.
>Waiting for HIS soon return!
>AIM: jenibear1998
>msn (no email)=20
>------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C49138.BAC07E30

>Hi.  I may have some what a silly = question...=20 but nevertheless. How
>do you all go about daily Bible Reading and = study? =20 Do you find that
>as a blind person it's harder?  I mean because = sighted=20 people have
>things available to them that we don't.  I don't even = really=20 know
>where to begin... i mean i read but don't seem to be getting = anything
>out=20 of it.  Does this mean I'm not a Christian?  I don't think so =
>at=20 all.
>Awaiting your responses!
>
>Jenifer Barr.
>Waiting for HIS soon=20 return!