ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:06:12 -0500
Pat,

That was really great. Sometimes, when we experience bad times from
someone, or look at just the outside of a situation, we judge it based on
those circumstances or evidences.  We now know why Harvey was in jail, not
because he was arrested again, but rather he felt convicted or tired of
running and hence turned himself in. Mom was upset due to a  bad day,
health issues and a birthday of her life long love who is no longer with
her. Not an excuse to be  written off completely but it helps to have that
understanding and much easier to forgive knowing them isn't it.  People are
like clocks, not digital ones of today but the old wind up clocks. From the
surface we see hands busy at work showing anyone who looks upon them what
they want them to see, but behind the face are gears meshing, springs
springing and parts all working together in a masterful design to make the
hands move. Sometimes we slip a gear or pop  a spring and get a little off
track and we show those who look upon us something different than they are
use to seeing. Perhaps an argument, selfish behavior or what have you, but
the cause of that behavior is due to  the inner workings not seen by those
looking at only the face. And to further confuse things many times we'll
begin by painting a smile on to spare others the ordeal of knowing our
inner struggles and then suddenly turn that smile to a teeth gritting snarl
when we've finally had enough of something. As hard as it is, it is always
best too look at the inner person, and what might be causing the turmoil
and not react to the outward appearance based strictly off of that
information. Glad things are working out relationship-wise and trust your
mom turns to Christ for strength in her health issues.

Brad