ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:00:18 -0600
Helen,

Traumatized people are very good at suppressing their damaged emotions.  You
would never know a person of multiple personalities because they have
learned to live as anyone lives.  Studies have revealed that 35 percent of
all little girls, between the ages of 1 and twelve, have been sexually
abused and those are just the ones that get reported.  When a boy or girl is
sexually abused, there is always either suppression, reppression, or
multiple personalities.  No little mind has ever been created to handled the
enormity of the emotional overload that the sexual abuse causes.  If the
trauma is repetitive, multiple personalities are always there.  Many people
never know they have it until some counselor discovers it.  The discovery
normally does not occur until after a person reaches their thirties because
the alternate personalities begin to grow tired of their assignments and the
person begins to experience anxiety, panic attacks, and a whole lot of other
symptoms.  So the bottom line is, multiple personalities is not unusual even
among Christians.  Sometimes it is very difficult to get the personalities
to communicate with the outside world.  This alone takes a very kind, very
loving, very patient person.  Then the person who has the multiple
personalities is often shocked to discover it.  Later, they always admit, I
knew they were there but I didn't know they were there.  A dichotomy I know
but it is the way our minds protects us from woundedness.  Frankly, speaking
to someone's alternate protective structure is nothing short of miraculous
in and of itself.  A year ago I was reading some basic material on
intercessory prayer when the Holy Spirit said, "Buy the advanced seminar
lectures now."  I said, "Why?"  He said, "Because I have called you to be a
father to many and you will need to understand more about multiple
personalities."  It sort of freaked me out at the time but I did as I was
told.  Additionally, and at a different time, the Lord told me that 8 out of
10 people He brought to me would be sexually abused women.  This has
basically been the ratio thus far, too.

Phil.