ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 06:48:54 -0600
Julie,

That is an exciting time. And it is a good time economically now with
rates... who knows how long. Perhaps this is a suggestion not asked for but
it came to mind and, well take it as intended, and toss it if you've
considered it already. Unless one of you is buying it solely, and it might
seem to cold and businesslike to do it, but I'd suggest to have some
paperwork drawn up as to the responsibilities of both you and roommate as
far as repairs, updates, payment, taxes, insurance and so forth in the
event that is ever challenged.  It is a partnership that would require
purchase considerations much differently than a residential purchase in a
marriage situation as many states view that as one contract signee with
actual signatures of both.
Pray you guys find a heck of a good deal. I've always felt owning is better
than renting, at least you are buying equity.

Brad