ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:10:37 -0700
In the last couple of weeks, our finances have been less than sufficient.
Yet, the Lord was convicting me not to pray for my own financial needs but
to spend my time praying for others.  I have still been praying for 3,000
dollars to come in so I could buy radio commercials to try and get the word
out about my prayer mission.  Today, two people told me they wanted to start
supporting me monthly.  Someone else today wrote me a check for 3,000
dollars to pay for the radio commercials.  Today, especially today, I have
felt the Lord saying, the people you will be praying with, cannot afford big
dollars per hour so you are a ministry for me.  Seek monthly support but
don't ask people for an hourly rate when praying.  Prayers are being
answered but the hardest thing for me will be not praying for my own
financial needs because that's the way I have always done it.  It isn't
faith I am exercising either; it is obedience because the Holy Spirit told
me to pray this way.  So praise the Lord.

Phil.