BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pre-patinated plastic glass block w/ coin slots <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:48:49 -0700
There is a company that is just starting up  in Windsor, VT that has just
gotten a multi-million dollar contract from the US Air Force for nano
something or other.  The Inventor's Network that our son belongs to had
some guy from that group come and speak one time--I think that was one of
the meetings I slept through.  They are hoping to get somebody to come
again to speak.

Merrill was saying tonight that there is an article in this month's Popular
Science about some place where the lab mice have nano something in their
brains from exposure to the stuff so I don't think I want to drink out of
it.

Wasn't it Mork (Robin Williams) in Mork and Mindy that used to say "Nano,
nano, or some such thing.  Ruth

At 10:35 AM -0700 8/17/04, Cuyler Page wrote:
Thanks, Jim.
They always say we are about five years behind up here in Canada.  Sounds
about right.

However, the article spoke of micro (oops, nano) texture for glass as a not
yet achieved development.   Unfortunately, it didn't give any idea of how
the glass would then work to clean itself.   Is it just that it never
attracts dirt in the first place?   How about bird drop?   I wonder if it
would work for dinner ware.   Never need to wash it!   Just pour another,
the glass is clean as soon as it is empty.   Hey, Pam, that is what you
need for your coffee shop.

Or did some smart professor here simply do a good job of grant writing?

cp in bc

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT