From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:03:00 -0500
Hi Andrew,

As far as I know the RF applications talking  meter has never seen the light
of day, so to speak.  There is a  talking  swr meter out of  Canada that
some on the list are using and  seem happy with.   Since August I've been
using the  Wave Node WN1  which connects some rf sensors to your pc via a
control box.   The software is graphical and  almost unusable with jaws at
this time.  However these guys  have an interest in making their product
accessable.

They have included a speech function that will read  swr  or power with a
single keystroke.  Basic unit covers 160-6 meters at 2kw.  Options include
8kw, qrp, or uhf at 500 watts.

Latest addition that just came out in a beta release of their software is a
audio tuning indicator for setting manual tuners.  Hope to try  this feature
out a bit this weekend.
Check it out  at: www.wavenode.com

73, Steve KW3A