From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:26:47 -0600
As far as the 480.
Manual accessable from the kenwood web site.
2.  Much cheaper.
3.  The internal tuner is very good, they say it's 2/1, but it's wider than
that by a lot.
4. Reciever performance by the stats on the net, are very similar on the
frequencies they both cover.
5.  The ts2000 has 73 controols.  The 480 is much simpler.
6. I figured out the 480, am not the brightest person in the world.
I had to reset the thing a few times, while experimenting, but after that...
Memories tell you the number and frequency.  s meter can be set to talk in
the menu setup.  Each menu tells you the number, and it's state.  As you
adjust it you get verbal output of the change in status.  The quick start
manual discribes each menu item and what it does.
I found two features that I like after I turned them onn.
1. SSb-cw switching, listen in ssb, tap the key and the rx jumps in to cw.
2.  CW offset, you can have the radio stay on the same frequebncy so that
you adjust the cw pitch of the station you are listening to, jump to cw and
the pitch stays the same.  The other option is to have the radio set so
that zero beat in ssb jumps to the selected offset in cw.
You can switch the internal tuner to either antenna port via the menus as well.