From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:23:51 -0700
Steve, That is really great.  It's carrying the whole friendliness issue one step further and wish all repeaters could do something similar.  I realize it does depend
on the flexibility of the repeater controller in use too.

As far as being an accessibility issue for blind hams, sorry but I just don't buy it any more than I buy excemptions from a code test just because you're blind.

Don W6SMB

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:39:12 -0400, Steve wrote:

Don,
That's a good idea, and our Lansing Michigan regional repeater on 145.39 does
this.  The announcement says something to the affect of
"This is wb8cqm, Okemos Michigan.  This repreater requires a 100HZ PL tone or
press 325.

If you don't have an encoder, pressing 325 will activate the repeater.
Steve, K8SP