Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:31:12 -0500
I hadn't been reading these messages because this was going round in a circle
and going nowhere but happenedc to look at one to see if it had gone anywhere
and see at the bottom that someone had addressed some comments to me concerning
accessibility.  I agree that we should be able to access everything but like it
or not we are blind people in a sighted world.  So long as our government has
rules which exclude them from having to provide access and requiring things like
print signatures on print forms we'll still have these problems.  I've had to
start the process of putting my mom in a nursing home and if you want to talk
about inaccessible stuff you should see all that paperwork on federal, state,
and local government levels.  Its some of the most inaccessible stuff I've seen.

Having said all that, I think its really probably time to put this to rest.
Handi-Hams does a great service and none of us are required to use it if we
don't agree with it.  The disagreements I have with them have to do with the
extreme dumbing down of their study materials (only recording the correct
answers to questions and not the distractors) like blind people are too stupid
to deal otherwise but I certainly have no problem with their following federal
regulations.  Since they're not absolutely the only ones around who can provide
ham materials there is some choice.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html