From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:58:56 -0400
Well, then.  I would say that you are going to be stuck with looking for
either a used Kenwood TM3530A or an Icom IC-37A with a voice board--unless
you have really deep pockets and can swing a Icom IC-375A.  Or, if you want
to run a real antique, you could scrounge for a Midland 13-509 (that's a
crystal-controlled rig).  The choices are pretty slim for accessible 220
MHz rigs, although I can understand your reluctance to connect and
disconnect those SMA's.  Maybe an amp with an older HT such as a Icom
IC-03AT or similar rig would fill the bill, and you could just leave it
hooked up because of course you would use the THF6A for portable operation.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 04:42 PM 6/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't like connecting and disconnecting the TH-F6A all the time though, I
>don't want to ruin the connector on the radio and I think an amplifier costs
>about as much as a radio would if not more though I did think of that.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]