From:
Darrell Shandrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:03:11 -0700
Hi Tom,

I absolutely love Bookshare and feel that, if you do have a computer or even
a device such as a BrailleNote or a PAC Mate, then you're absolutely crazy
not to join!  Bookshare's disability verification process is extremely
accessible, and I am essentially demanding that all organizations requiring
disability certification implement a similar process.  First, Bookshare will
accept NLS membership as disability verification with no further action
needed.  Second, Bookshare will e-mail the disability verification form to
the doctor.  Third, they will accept a properly signed FAX back from that
doctor.  All of this can serve to leave the blind person out of the
inaccessible parts of this process.