From:
Darrell Shandrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:53:26 -0700
Hi Gary,

I am currently running the Outbacker Joey portable vertical antenna.  I have
it clamped to the rail on the patio of my first floor apartment with a
single counterpoise wire that is connected to copper hotwater pipes.

This antenna is accessible.  Plugging a wanderwire in to a specific hole on
the side of the antenna selects the band of operation.  It is an extremely
poor performer and almost not worth the trouble.

I haven't yet replaced this antenna with something new.  I am weighing my
options.  Might just wait a few years till I have a house or something...