From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:12:28 -0500
Ray,

Not sure why these didn't get to you, but I've combined  both bosts here and
post to the list.

Steve KW3A

Hi Ray,

I've used Writelog for a few years, going back to when I  had enough usable
vision to  use the  high contrast  and large fonts in  Windows.   Since I've
already put time and money into it, I'll keep using it.  Covers a wide range
of  contests.

It does have a steep learning curve and more features than you can shake a
stick at.   If you  get the chance to practice with it before field  day,
you'll be  much better off.

Latest version is something like 10.51, but versions after 10.36 (I think)
allow some keystrokes to   give audio response  from a pre recorded wave
file.    This isn't a wave file to be transmitted, but  audio feedback to
the operator  to let him know what field  the cursor is in.    You can also
set up a  wave file to let you know when  you have entered a dupe.   In my
case, my own melodious voice says  "dupe, dupe, dupe".
i  use it a lot.  10 meter contest  this weekend and 160 meter test last
week.   Hope to play some in  RAC contest next week.

Good luck, you may need it.  Steve

KW3A

Ray,

I told you a long story about Writelog and didn't answer your question about
jaws.   All menus and dialog boxes read well for me.   I've never gotten
into things like  the band map or packet spots.

When running jaws, you will need to  use the  insert-s key to toggle till it
says "none".  Otherwise it will  keep saying "underline, underline,
underline.." as the cursor  blinks on the entry line.  My  preference is
also to use insert-2 to toggle typing echo for words only, or  none.  Having
each  letter spoken as I type it in is  too much, especially  when copying
cw.

73 Steve KW3A