Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:48:17 -0500
From:
"Kristina K. Carlton" <[log in to unmask]>
I was searching the archives on caffeine -from coffee- as I am trying to
wean myself off of it again. Last year I was drinking a cup of green tea in
the AM, not so much for energy, but because I like something hot in the
morning. My health took a turn for the worse in November, my energy was
gone, I gained weight, etc. My doctor found high levels of mercury, some
virus, plus I already knew I had a parasite called blastocystis hominis.
Haven't been able to get rid of the latter because I refuse to use meds and
all herbals I have taken have not helped. Currently I am taking Oil of
Oregano and Berberine. Anyway, I got hooked on coffee again. Now I drink 1/2
to one cup of half-caf most mornings. Some days I drink green tea. I am
beginning to think there is correlation between when I drink coffee and
feeling stiff and having joint pain in my left hip. My question - is it
possible that coffee could be causing the stiffness/pain while green tea
doesn't?

For those of you who have gotten off caffeine, how long did it take you to
get your energy back? I hear a lot of people on this board talking about how
much energy they have on paleo - I would like to get there again!!

I also have multiple food intolerances one of which is to yeast. I was
tested last year in September and then again a month ago. The level of
intolerance went from +2 to +3. I did drink wine occasionally which I have
not stopped. However, I still have almond butter on occasion and as far as I
know nut butters have yeast as well. Is this correct and if so, is the level
high enough that it would be best to avoid it? Food intolerances may go away
(and some of mine have) if you avoid the offending food at least 4 months.

Any input/thoughts appreciated.

Kristina

"It helps to resign as the controller of your fate. All that energy we
expend to keep things running right is not what keeps things running right."
ANNE LAMOTT