ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:50:26 -0400
Thanks, Julie, I too think that we need to tell friends areas in our lives
with which we struggle, how sad it is to me, that many Christians pretend
that they have it all together, when in all actuality, they are falling
apart.  We are controlled by the fear that others will think less of us if
we show signs of anxiety, worry, or even admit that we have a problem with
anger for example.  I love when our real God is involved with  Real people
who have Real big problems, He makes a Real difference.

I once attended a church where  I often said there were "invisible rules"
these weren't printed on a pamphlet, they weren't on a sign or even handed
out during the services, but they were there.  You knew they were there.
They said that if you were ever sad, worried, or fearful or ever experienced
a problem with your children or in your marriage, it was a clear indication
that you weren't trusting God.  So, when you had a problem, you surely
didn't tell any of the church about it, well, maybe you did the first time,
but not after that.  Instead of unconditional love, and encouragement to
pray and seek the power that only God can give, you received condemnation
and rejection.

So, you learned to play the game, to stand and smile, and sing the songs,
and then you went home and cried yourself to sleep.

God deliver us all from the fear of what others think, show us how to ask
you, and hear your answer to our life's most challenging problems!

Rhonda