ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:10:09 -0500
April,

What you have described  in the genetics, environment, and faith, or lack
thereof, is what I believe we as humans are, a tricotomy. Three part being,
body, soul or mind, and spirit. I believe any one or all three of
these  can be attacked or affected. can we be depressed due to bodily
afflictions, chemical imbalance, and the like? Yes. Can we be depressed by
our thoughts, our focus, our outlook on things based on the here and now?
Yes. Can we be depressed spiritually through lies spoken in our ear or just
that sense of spiritual depression of being seemingly separated from God
for a time, or his light of hope blocked by a cloud? Yes. But we can also
be impressed upon as well, that is to say, we can be uplifted and
experience the opposite of depression. Where depression can bring  sadness,
tears, despair, hopelessness, impression can bring joy, dry eyes, hope and
a future beyond the here and now. I truly believe we can focus on all three
of these  areas and  do our part to returning to a joyous place. If we do
our part, and can do no more, the rest is up to God and we are at his mercy
to bring us to joy and hope. We can only go so far on our own, yet not ding
our part leaves us feeling irresponsible and a poor steward of our bodies,
minds and spirit.  What we can do for ourselves is different for everyone
in their given situation, and we certainly cannot do it with the intention
that we are the self-fixing nomad and we do not need god, but rather
showing God we are rising to the occasion in faith to do our part and
asking him to do the rest, to stand at the edge of our situation knowing
we'd done all we prayerfully can, and standing wide open for God to bring
us to safety. Depression is not new, it is exampled in god's word, and it
is not where god would have  us be, yet we, as many others do, find
ourselves in the midst of it at times. But, patience has a way of serving
as a vehicle for faith to get us by these cyclical times, or long enough
for us to see what is the source of it. I pray for God to reveal that to
you and give you relief, hope and freedom from it. Often times it is as
simple as examining our mind sets to see we have far too  perfect of
expectations we need live up to or else we feel a failure. Sometimes it is
an imbalance in our chemical makeup due to an illness, meds reaction or the
like and can be addressed, and sometimes it is our environment, who we hang
around with, what we listen to, who we listen to, and other times it is the
enemy trying to whisper lies of hopelessness, defeat, abandonment, or lack
of faith and unworthy. Keep us posted and God bless you April.

Brad

Brad

   Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it