ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 19:50:57 -0400
Ben seems glad I am going,  it seemed to mean alot to him that the pastor
returned my message and found a ride for me.  It is indeed a large step, for
once we have been hurt the indlination is to never let it happen again.  In
striving to keep from being hurt, we keep ourselves from being blessed as
well.
I know there isn't a perfect church, since there are no perfect people, just
looking to be on the same page... the previous church was a sort of well,
dictatorship instead of a pastorship, it was "do as I say, because I hear
from God"  money was spent as the pastor saw fit, projects were approved
only if he approved them he had a board, but... it was just a  group of men
who agreed with him, often he made  decisions and told the board later, no
need to worry since "You didn't hire me, and you can't fire me"
so, I am looking for a place where more than one voice is heard, God uses
more than the pastor, He never meant for one man to be everything, nor do I
feel He meant one man to  rule with out Biblical correction or input from
others.
Rhonda