Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:44:25 -0500
Hi John.

The one that I looked at the Rochester hamfest had terminals that had
aspring loaded affair with a hole that you had to shove the wire
through.  The MFJ posts had knurled caps that you could unthread from the
posts and since I use the ring-type wire ends, I could just slide them over
the posts and crank the knurled caps back down on them and they made a
really secure connection.  They also have a small set of spring terminals
for connecting lighter duty stuff with stripped leads, and the caps on the
initially described binding posts have receptacles in them that will accept
bana plugs.  The binding posts/terminals on the MFJ supply are really
pretty versatile.  I might have gone with the Astron otherwise, but now
that I have the MFJ supply, I'm glad that I went with it.  It's been a
really good power supply.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 08:20 AM 1/9/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>OK, what's with the terminals on the astron?  I'm curious because I had a
>Kenwood supply once that was a switcher, I blew 2 of them up, and they had
>terminals, I didn't like because I couldn't find loops for them for the end
>of the wire, the fasteners, nuts what ever those were, didn't come
>completely off so I had to take big wire end loops and cut them to have a u
>shape instead of completely round,  are they the same on the Astron
>switching supplies? I much prefer they come all the way off and have a lock
>washer to hold them tight.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]