Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bob Humbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:50:32 -0800
good information! thanks.  I have a tile roof and ain't no one gonna walk
around on it putting up a tripod.  The roof will last forever if the tiles
aren't broken and there is no reason for them ever being broken.

How about the Kenwood 2,000?  I thought that it took a separate 12 volt
power supply.  Yes, I heard that it is 100 watts but since that seems to be
the top of the line, I just assumed that there were 50 watt rigs about the
same.  100 watts is just fine.  Since you must have at least 50 watts  to
drive an amplifier I thought that 50 would be about right.  Is it true that
100 wa transmitters blow out most of the antenna tuners or is that just
another myth that I picked up.  When ever possible, all of our power lines
are under ground around here and so they never present a problem.  As you
can imagine codes around here are pretty strict because of the danger of
severe earth quakes.  It's not a question of if, it's a question of when
will the big one hit.  We had 3 small ones just this week.  Other than being
strong enough to withstand the wind load of a chimney mounted antenna, soot
from the fireplace will damage any antenna.  However, I don't and never
intend to use the fireplace.  As I said though, I'm going to take about a
year to decide what I want to do about HF and I'm getting lots of helpful
information from all of you.  By the time I decide to do something I know
that I will do the exact right thing.