EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
richard wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 2009 09:25:28 -0400
Has anyone had experience downloading from the NLSBARD site using Hughesnet?
I was an Earthlink customer and got switched to Hughesnet in Feb.
with all EL customers.  Most of my experience on Hughesnet has been
OK, but I have repeatedly run into problems with what they call their
"Fair Use Policy".
Hughesnet has a daily download limit of 200 MB or at least that is
what they claim.  I have  yet to see the policy in writing and have
found that even allowing for normal internet traffic, I find it
difficult to account for having my service shut down to less that
dialup speed after downloading books.
I would gladly look for another ISP, but Hughesnet claims I have a
contract which I never knowingly signed.
If anyone has any experience with this ISP, I would be interested in
hearing about it.
Richard Wright