Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:53:53 EDT

Thanks to all for the responses.
I do not have a card in Spanish, but I live in Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico. It
is easy to eat gf because there are so many corn products: corn tortillas,
tacos, enchiladas, etc. People have never heard of gf in general. I have had food
with obvious gluten in it apon ordering because of lack of understanding or
force of habit. Use your head when ordering. If you do not know Spanish and need
help, write me back for tips.

There are 2 below.  The second one is translated to English above it.  I guess
you would need some Spanish to decide which is best.  Have fun.  Take cards in
English too.  Diane

Por razones medicas yo tengo que adherirme a una dieta estricta que excluye
todo
vestigio de GLUTEN.  Esto es una substancia que se halla en el TRIGO, CENTENO,
CEBADA, y AVENAS.  Sin embargo, puedo consumir MAIZ y ARROZ.  Cono una guia
general al comer "fuera", mi dieta requiere:-
SOPA:- solamente si no contiene pan, harina o pasta.
CARNE/PESCADO/VERDURA:- solo servidos sin rebozar, sin caldos, salsas ni
rellenos.
POSTRES:- Fruta, jaleas, arroz, tapioca, ciertos helados y quesos.
BEBIDAS:- se permiten la mayoria de la variedades excepto cacaos y chocolates
la taza.
Por favor, si tiene alguna duda durante la preparacion de la comida, no
dudeen preguntarme. Muchas gracias por su ayuda.

I have a medical condition in which I can not eat anything made with the flour
of wheat, barley, oats, rye or millet, such as bread, pasta, noodles,
pastries,
puff pastries, sponge cake and cookies; neither sauces, vinegars, ketchups,
salad dressings nor soups thickened with these grains or their starches
(usually listed as modified food starch); also not beer.  Even trace amounts
are damaging.

I can eat rice, corn and potatoes, as well as all meat, fowl and
seafood, fruit, salads and vegetables, food made with milk or eggs, and
wines and licores.  Thank you very much for your help.

Por orden medica me esta prohibido ingerir alimentos que contengan o
deriven del trigo, avena, cebada y centeno, (pan, galletas, bolleria,
macarrones, fideos, croquetas, malta, embutidos porque pueden contener
almidon de trigo, etc.)por lo tanto no me esta  permitido tomar ningun
alimento que este empanado, rebozado o espesado con harina.

Puedo tomar maiz, arroz, patatas, verduras, pescados y carnes (todos
estos alimentos a la plancha, hervidos, asados, guisados (salsas
espesadas con maicena o patata).

El aceite usado para los fritos (por ejemplo patatas fritas) tiene que
ser limpio (que no haya sido utilizado para freir empanados o
rebozados)para queno este contaminado.

Por favor, si tiene alguna duda durante la preparacion de la comida, no
dudeen preguntarme. Muchas gracias.

 When my daughter recently traveled to Madrid someone gave me this
translation for use when eating in a restaurant.

    Tengo la enfermedad celiaquía. Por eso en mi comida no debe haber ni la
más
mínima candidad de los siguientes cereales: trigo, cebada, centeno y avena.
Tiene en su menú alguna comida adecuada para mí, o puede hacer preparar para
mí un plato que no contenga harina de los mencionados cereales, por ejemplo
no echándole harina o pan molido a las salsas y dejando la carne sin apanar?
Tal vez podrían usar otro tipo de harina, como par ejemplo fécula de maíz,
arroz, mijo, alforfón o de papas (patatas).

I suffer from celiac disease. Therefore, I am not allowed to consume dishes
which contain even the slightest amount of the following cereals: wheat,
barley, rye, oats, spelt or unripe spelt grain. Are there any dishes on your
menu without these ingredients? Alternatively, could you possibly prepare a
meal without the cereals
mentioned above (you could, for instance, refrain from thickening my sauce
or frying my veal cutlet with wheat flour and bread crumbs) or could you use
some other cereals like maize, rice, millet, buckwheat or potato flour?

Go to http://hometown.aol.com/zoeliak/index.htm  You will get the card in
German - heaven only knows why, but you can scroll down to Spanish.  I have
used this card successfully both in Mexico and S. America

I have attached for you the restaurant card in English and Spanish.  I
have been to Mexico 3 times now and I absolutely love it.  It is easier
to eat in Mexico than in the states.  The people are wonderful and have
always been very kind.
Have a wonderful time.