From:
Beth Sisson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Sisson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:53:30 -0400

We went this weekend to the Sandusky, Ohio one and before I left I call
and talked to the executive chef and he was ever familiar with the GF
diet. They have had several people there need a GF diet. He asked us to
have the waitress get him when we sit down and he would help us find our
options.

We ended up not eating in their restaurants (too expensive for 4 adults
and 8 kids). We found an Outback Steakhouse just down the street and
they were wonderful. They have a GF regular there twice a week. The
waitress made a note on top of the cooks ticket to let him know the meal
had to be GF and to be extra careful. Everything went sooth and no
reaction in either of the celiacs.

I received one reply to my original question.......
________________________________
We went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City Michigan this last
weekend.  It was a great place for the kids.  The room was nice for
people who plan on doing their own meals-like me.  It has a microwave
and a fridge and a nice long counter for preparing meals.  We did not
eat at the restaurants, so I do not know how they are.  As far a packing
and what to bring-I way overpacked for us.  It is a very casual place,
with the waterpark being the main thing.  Swimsuits-with a coverup-are
allowed anyplace in the lodge.  I brought 2 for everyone-one to wear and
one to dry.  It's very kid friendly.  Have fun!

Beth Sisson
Columbus, Ohio