EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Martin, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:36:09 -0400
Norm:

You may want to talk with your ISP.  many ISPs are now putting on SPAM
filters.  I'm currently beta testing the one my ISP put on and so far, it
works great.  I don't have to touch anything.  It is all done at their end.
I'm currently running with the default setting.  Here are my results so far.
First, let me tell you how bad SPAM is for me.  This past Saturday I checked
my email around noon time.  I didn't check it again until Monday morning
around 9am.  Within that time period, I received 1,553 email messages.  I
didn't read any of them.  On a typical overnight (9pm to 9am) I will receive
about 300 messages.  On the first night on this new system, I only received
58.  There is a more aggressive setting and I can have the mail stored in a
junk mail folder.  I may move up to that level.  The one thing I don't know
is if ISPs are charging for this service.  You would have to ask.

Good luck!

Terry A. Martin
VOILA Technology, Inc.  -- President
54 Castle Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Phone:  (585) 321-1451 *** NEW AREA CODE IS 585 ***
FAX:  (585) 321-1451