From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:35:32 +0100
On Jul 31, 2004, at 5:51 am, Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry wrote:
> this unconfortable feeling in the stomac in the morning that peoples
> calm by
> eating is in fact the desintoxification process that continue from the
> night
> in a body who have to deal with foods that it didn't want in the first
> place
> .

Wow!  This is the answer I've been looking for for so long!  I used to
think there was something wrong with me for needing breakfast, but
recently I noticed if I deliberately go without food I can last from
waking (between 6-7am) to dinner time (about 12-1pm).  I get a short
sharp pang in the morning that disappears after about 15mins,
especially if I have a warm drink (gingseng is my current morning
pick-me-up).

> peoples who eat instinctivelly after few days don't experience it
> anymore
> and so are not hungry before noon . it have been my case for the 8
> years i
> did eat instinctivelly strickly now that i am seasonning my salads i
> got to
> eat someting in the morning .
> during the desintoxification process drug like metabolites ( from
> unassimilated foods )recirculate thru the blood to be eliminated
> giving rise
> to an awfull feeling ( withdrawal symptoms ) the surest way to stop
> this
> feeling is to eat exactelly what the body is working hard to eliminate
> from
> the system ( drug effect).

I often feel like a piece of fruit in the morning, so maybe it is
having fruit right before bed that does it for me.  I've taken to
rhubarb stewed with pears or wild apples as a late snack.  My problem
is I love fruit, although since I've cut down I've gained a lot more
self-control about eating the stuff.

> if you can't go by and working hard without eating in the morning it
> might
> be an indication that you eat what you should not

I wish it was easy to tell what you can and can't eat, but after 6
months of paleo I still haven't got it sussed.