From:
Anna Kihrani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:31:06 -0700
>I lost 145 pounds in 3 years. Because of my previous
>experience with yo-yo
>dieting I am keeping it off (for 2 years, 3 months so far) with
>this WOE
>plus some dairy and the help of a 12-step program.

I have to second that about the 12-step program.  There's a
great one for food addicts of any kind (including bulimia/
anorexia) called Overeaters Anonymous.  They're international,
and their website is www.overeatersanonymous.org.  You can
find meetings on the website.  I have never been overweight,
but I'm a lifelong sugar/carb addict, and nothing makes me
sicker faster than sugar.  After trying for years with tons of
willpower (which has nothing to do with addiction) to stay for a
few weeks at a time off sugar, and failing every time, I went to
my first OA meeting and haven't had sugar since May of 1999.

Just wanted to put that info out there for anyone who might
find it useful.

Anna
in California

Good People. Great Causes. Get Connected on Care2 Connect:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/C2Connect