From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:56:07 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/2004 4:37:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Jerry,  may I ask why you choose to eat what appears to be virtually   zero
Fruits, vegetables, nuts?

I am a type 2 diabetic on insulin. Although my BG control has been very  good
(HbA1c of 5.0) I have been slowly gaining weight over the past 2 years or  so
and my insulin requirements have been slowly climbing. I have been low
carbing for years but never achieved ketosis. I also have not eaten grain or  dairy
products for many years. So I finally decided to go 100% protein and  fat to
see how it worked. I did not do this without considerable research. I eat  all
the organ meats I can get along with the more popular cuts. I make sure to
balance my fats. I have been on this regimen for a month now and have achieved
good results. My insulin requirements have dropped more than 36%, my blood
pressure has gone from 140/70 to 123/62. I am sleeping much better at night and
 I have more energy during the day. I have lost about 12 pounds so far. I
thought  that I might have a constipation problem but I don't. In fact my
digestion has  improved. In a nut shell that is why I went "0" Carbs.    JerrySteg