From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 09:34:43 -0700
> Just for fun, here's someone who agrees with you:
> http://www.rajeun.net/glucose.html
>
> Todd Moody

Hello Todd,

You mentioned about 2 weeks ago that your fasting
glucose levels are consistently in the 90's.  Mine
were consistently in the 80's until I went off all
liquid oils and increased the saturated fat in my
diet.  Now my fasting glucose levels are up in the
90's as well, confirmed after two separate tests.

Here's a quote from lef taken from the site you sent
this morning,

"In a new hypothesis that shakes the pillars of
conventional wisdom, it now appears that optimal
fasting blood glucose levels should probably be under
86 mg/dL. This means that those with high “normal”
glucose (86-109) are at an increased risk of premature
death." and,

"Many theories of aging focus on the deleterious
effects of glucose itself. Only a few studies have
evaluated disease risk in people whose fasting blood
glucose levels are in normal ranges. One study of
nearly 2,000 men looked at fasting blood glucose
levels over a 22-year period. Its startling results
showed that men with fasting glucose levels over 85
mg/dL had a 40% increased risk of death from
cardiovascular disease."

I'm beginning to wonder if the increased fasting
glucose is due to insulin resistance caused by high
levels of saturated fat in the diet.  Thoughts?

I know you have a glucose meter.  Have you had any
success, since your last post on the subject, getting
you levels below 90? Does fruit cause a big spike?

Thanks
Mark

http://messenger.yahoo.com/