ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 18:01:48 -0500
Pat, I believe that if we apologize, even when we are no wrong, we are
telling a lie.  However, if we think we may have offended someone, we can
ask if we have offended and apologize for any wrong we have done.  If
someone thinks we have offended when we have not, I think we can be
gracious, loving, and allow the person to explain why he thinks we are
wrong.  If the person is hurting too much, because of our supposed offense,
we may have to wait awhile before explaining our position.  As Proverbs
says, a soft answer turneth away wrath.

earlier, Pat Ferguson, wrote:
>Dear Loving EChurch Family,
>
>I wan to thank each and every one of you for your love and support when I
>was feeling Sad on Sunday evening. I appreciate all the loving messages and
>phone calls and just all the sweet lovings from all of you.
>
>Someone suggested that I call Mary and apologize for offending her, so on
>Monday afternoon I did just that. She accepted my apology and she also
>forgave me.
>
>Now, folks I have a question for you all.
>
>Should we apologize even if we aren't wrong? I' not saying I was not wrong,
>because perhaps I was, but I think personally, it's good to apologize even
>if we aren't wrong, just to show God that we are humble? Is that wrong or
>not? Please tell me what you all think. I'm not one that finds it hard to
>apologize, and I often do apologize just because I feel bettter about the
>situation when I do.
>
>Life has been full of learning lessons the past several weeks.
>
>I'm praising God for that, also, and I Praise God for all of you, my loving
>ones.
>
>Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being so very loving!
><squeeze>
>
>Please know that I'm praying for all of you.
>
>Lovingly,
>Pat Ferguson

John

   Why should I grow up ? This is more fun !