ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:56:48 -0500
Phil,
        I wasn't offended at all and I didn't say anything like that to
anybody.  Are you kidding?  I took the information and ran with it.  I am
having such a hard time with this situation that I'll take all the help
and prayers  that I can get.  Oh Phil, I don't offend that easily.  I
don't even know what could have possibly been offensive about your post.
        I will admit that, sometimes, when you post your views on
psychologists and psychiatrists I feel uncomfortable because I am dealing
with them in my situation with Christopher at present.  I have struggled
with feeling guilty, but the truth is that there isn't  much christian
help to be found out here so I have to work within the help that is
available and I've just had to accept that.
        Even with this Magick game, while there are those who have the
view like the article that John posted, there are views from the other
side in the Christian world view and I'm just praying my way through
this.  Christian Gaming has some healthy dialogue on the subject, for
example.
        I think that Chris is seeing our struggle with this issue and he
is respecting us for it.  Two things have happened this week with Chris
that has been encouraging.  One thing is that, he has been picking up the
bible from time to time and reading it and then coming to us and talking
about it.  Greg's sermon last week was about how the bible has the
answers for life and now we're wondreing  if Chris actually listened.
The other thing is that Chris mentioned to us yesterday that he has been
trying to foster a relationship with another boy that he knows is a
Christian at his school.  These are signs to me that Chris is not in full
blown rebellion yet.  He's testing the waters, but when the emotions
subside, I think that he is thinking it through.  Poor guy.  I never want
to be a teenager again.  I also know that all this could change on a dime
so don't worry about my getting cocky and thinking that the worst is
over.  It probably isn't and even if it were in Chris's case, I still
have two more kids to bring to this point.   (GRIN, sort of.)
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!