EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Comden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:44:58 -0700
Assuming your client is using some flavor of Windows...

In the Accessibility Options Control Panel:

FilterKeys can be activated by holding down the right shift key for 8
seconds. There should be a beep when this is activated.

Under the General Tab, make sure that the following options are checked:
_x_ Make a sound when turning a feature on or off
_x_ Apply all settings to logon desktop

Under the General Tab, make sure that the following options are
NOT checked:
__ Turn off accessibility features after idle

Under the Keyboard tab, make sure the Use FilterKeys checkbox is checked
Click the Settings button for Filterkeys, make sure ALL checkboxes are
checked and radio button is set properly for your user. Click the settings
button and make sure settings are proper for your user.

If there are other users set up on this machine, their settings may affect
your client's. You can duplicate these settings for other users on the
system if you suspect that's causing problems.

-*- Dan Comden                [log in to unmask]
     Access Technology Lab     www.washington.edu/computing/atl/
     University of Washington