From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:16:40 -0500
Did you set the jumpers that Larry Fisk mentioned in his post,
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O1B024027, so the onboard video is disabled?  I
assume that you switched the monitor cable from the onboard video connector
to the one on the PCI card.  As others have said, you should get basic video
functionality even before you install the video cards drivers.

I've realized that no one asked and you never said what the original problem
was that we were trying to correct with a new video card.  Hopefully, your
young sales assistant was right in steering us all in this direction to
begin with.

John