ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:01:41 -0600
I am sorry to repost this article but last night the Lord really convicted
me that the article was only half done.  I added some additional information
and re worded some of the first article.  So, forgive me but I felt it
important enough to repost the whole thing.  I'm not taking up an offering
or anything so you don't have to read it again if you prefer not to.  Plus,
if you don't believe in demonic activity in a Christian's life today, it
would be a waste of your time to read it but here it is no matter what.

Demons Talking To Christians

                         By Phil Scovell

     I know this isn't widely accepted, and most certainly not
even popular with most Christians, but demons do talk to us as
Born Again Believers.  Worse than this, they can actually put
their feelings upon us and speak in the first person.  This, of
course, makes us immediately think we have said it or we have
felt it.  As I said, most Christian find this difficult, if not
down right impossible, to believe.   they jump up and down and
demand I show them in the Bible where this is true and sometimes
I am called a heretic, a false teacher, and only the Lord knows
what they say when I can't hear them.  Regardless, it is true and
if you choose not to believe it is possible, then God bless you
anyway.  when it happens to you, however, don't forget what you
heard about it so you can Scripturally deal with it.

     I am bringing this up right now because, in recent days, I
have had demons speak to me twice in the first person and even
attempt, in one case, to put their feelings upon me to confirm
what they said was true.  After all, if it feels true, it has to
be true.  Right?  Wrong.  Anyhow, here are the two separate
experiences I want to share with you.  Just in case it happens to
you, of course, some day a hundred years from now or something
like that.

     A couple of weeks ago, I wasn't doing anything in particular
except for thinking about something in my life.  Ok, if you must
know, I was in the bathroom.  The rest is up to your imagination.
Yes, I could have, of course, been brushing my teeth but I
wasn't.  I suddenly heard in my thoughts, "I'm a drunk."  Not,
"You are a drunk," but, "I am a drunk."  I almost laughed out
loud.  Why?  Because not only am I not a drunk but even has a
teenager, I hated the taste of alcohol.  Twice, in my life, I
tried drinking beer; just plain old beer.  I got about a half a
can down before handing it to a friend to finish.  So, in my
entire life time, I probably haven't had enough alcoholic
beverage to even fill one beer can.  Now LSD, marijuana, hash,
speed, and other related drugs is a different story.  Booze, I
hated.  I didn't even like wine, come to think of it, but my
point should be clear by now; I hate anything alcoholic.  The
truth is, I couldn't be a drunk if I wanted to be because I can't
stand the taste.

     So, here I am, thinking about something totally unrelated to
booze, and I hear in my thoughts, "I am a drunk."  Sure I am, I
think to myself, and a chicken has lips, too.  So what was the
source of this lie?  I immediately began looking, through prayer,
of course, for the source.  I knew, without question, it was
demonic, but why did a demon take that particular time to try and
plant a lie in the thought stream of my daily life?  I mean, this
guy was just plain stupid trying this idea out on me.  The answer
would take more than a book to explain.  My point is that a demon
did speak those words in my thoughts to try and gain a foothold
in my life through an implanted lie.  Furthermore, he spoke in
the first person to make me think I was the one who thought it.

     Now, just before writing this article, it happened again but
with a different theme.  I was seated at my desk doing little of
nothing, other than reading email, and when I replied and sent
the message off, suddenly, in my stream of consciousness, I
heard, and felt, "I hate myself."  Wow.  That could be true.
Maybe I do hate myself.  I'm such a terrible person, a loser, and
a failure.  Nobody likes me.  Maybe I really do hate myself.
Nope.  I didn't go that route of thinking.  Why?  I am learning
not everything that pops into my thought life is of God or even
of my own thinking.

     First of all, in this case, I knew I did not hate myself.
Why should I?  God has revealed so many wonderful things to me
and even how He is my Father and how He spends time with me and
how He hears and answers my prayers.  So why should I remotely
consider the possibility that I hate myself when God loves me.
Of course, I am perfectly aware that others may indeed hate me
and that it could have been a demonic influence associated with
that person.  After all, I pray with many people and some of them
have demonic activity all around them.  Because of that fact
alone, I always examine myself to make sure it isn't coming from
someone with whom I have recently prayed.

     Then it hit me.  I didn't say it but a demon said it in the
first person to try and deceive me into thinking I said it.  That
way I would believe it was really true.  Where do you think the
phrase, "Sneaky little devils," came from in the first place?
Well, it isn't true; I don't hate myself.  so what does a person
do in such a case?  He, or she, takes every thought captive.

     Here is what I did.  I stopped typing and prayed.  Since I
was alone, I prayed out loud and I said these words.  "In the
name of the True Lord Jesus Christ, I call to attention the demon
that just said, "I hate myself," and tried putting the emotional
feelings on me to make me think it was true.  Furthermore, I call
to attention all those under your authority for the same reason.
Note.  You do this because it is rare that only one demon is
hanging around and pestering you.  They almost always have a
bunch of buddies with them to back up their wickedness.  Praying
in this manner, you lump them all together and you aren't stuck
dealing with demon after demon until you get rid of all of them.
So back to my prayer.

     Once I had called them all to attention in the name of the
True Lord Jesus Christ, I then said, "I bind your words spoken
against me and strip you of your armor and weapons and place the
blood of Jesus Christ upon them.  I dismiss you from all of your
assignments against me.  I now bind you all together as one and I
turn you over to the Chief Shepherd, the True Lord Jesus Christ,
and I command you to leave and to go right now to the place the
True Lord Jesus Christ wants you to go.  Be gone, now, from my
presence in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

     What do you suppose happened immediately following this
prayer?  That's right!  The feeling of worthlessness vanished.
Was it all in my mind?  Was I just making all this up or are
there really demons sent to try and deceive us?  You decide
because I already know the truth and the truth has set me free.
The rest is up to you.

Why This Won't Work

     I cannot leave this topic without, at least, mentioning why
doing what I have suggested won't work.  I know from experience
it won't work under certain circumstances so I feel obligated to
make mention of it now.

     Demons will not leave if what you believe is based upon
lies.  For example, if you really believe you are a drunk
because, for example, you get drunk, then you would believe what
the demon said to be true about being a drunk.  So, if you
believe it is true, that is, you are a drunk, why not follow
through since that is what you really are.  If you were such a
miserable, horrible, terrible person, who failed at everything in
life, and you were literally worthless as far as you were
concerned, then you would have no problem believing what a demon
said if they spoke the words, "I hate myself," into your
thoughts.  Do Christians really believe such lies?  Oh, you bet
we do.  Can you believe that some Christians even commit suicide
because of what they believe?  take my word for it; it's true.
No, it isn't the norm.  The norm is anxiety, panic attacks, a
feeling of perpetual helplessness and hopelessness, guilt that can
choke a horse, shame that carries so much weight, it literally
feels like you are carrying a 100 pound bag of cement on your
shoulders, pride that would punch a hole in a solid brick wall,
anger that would outshine the sun to the point of reducing it to
cosmic ashes, sexual disfunctionality that will destroy any life,
gender identity distortion that can cause any Christian to turn
homosexual while believing it is because they were literally born
that way, grief that will make the death of a loved one seem like
a Sunday school picnic, depression that goes so deep, you will
feel like you have dropped into a bottomless pit, family
conflicts that will rip your heart out and be rolled over like a
steamroller, marital strife worse than a charging elephant, and
rejection that will feel like a passing asteroid has just slammed
into your life, punching a hole in it, and passing right on
through.

     How do you find these lies and get rid of them?  I'm sorry,
that would take a much longer article.  Please take time to log
on to my website and read many articles which will deal with this
very issue or call me.

Safe Place Fellowship
Phil Scovell
Denver, Colorado