ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 06:46:41 -0500
Kathy,
I wish that came more easily to me naturally. Perhaps it is because I've
not looked at scripture in light of that aspect. Reading the sermon on the
mount text after he tells about the poor in spirit, mourning, mercy, peace
making, insults we'll receive because of him, all the way through the
persecution he said to be glad and rejoice, I guess that is depicting a
smile as how can one be glad and not smile. Yet it is difficult to find big
grins and smiles in the midst of insults and persecution, for the benefit
of what is to come. Perhaps I'm too focused on the here and now. Although I
believe I live primarily a jovial life, reading such text tends to make me
feel guilty in light of it.

Brad

Kathy Du Bois wrote:
>Brad,
>I have no problem imagining Him sharing a cup of wine and enjoying a fun
>evening with His disciples.
>Kathy

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Brad

   Do not change your theology to accommodate a tragedy