ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:14:11 -0500
Pat,

Check out the Psalms, David wasn't exactly a happy camper many times. No
you are not possessed so we won't be calling you Poltergeist Pat anytime
soon. Resist the enemy and he will flee the word says, which is what you
did when he tossed the pills in your thoughts. This is why it is so
important for us to rely on faith and not feelings. Feelings and emotions
will run us all over the map like a Disney roller coaster, while
faith  holds the measure for a true and straight path which Christ being
the center of that faith. The enemy tends to like to pile up stuff in our
lives, to tell us things like... See/ Another thing gone wrong... what's
wrong with you anyway? But he certainly doesn't like to toss in stuff like
we've woke up breathing today and can spend another day loving our mates,
others around us, enjoying God's creation, and helping others. He tries to
get us down with the things that are only temporary of this world. If we
latch on to that depression he gives, we will live with glasses painted of
black deppression, but if we live with glasses painted of good report, and
uplifting thoughts worth thinking about and pondering on, we live life much
differently.

Brad

Pat Ferguson wrote:
>Phil,
>
>Thanks for this. I'm afraide I must agree with you, even though I hate to
>admit that Monday night of this week, something happened to me.
>
>I was laying in bed crying, and I have been struggling with many things, as
>I have been for the past few weeks. Something told me that I wasn't loving,
>and that I was a bad person, and that no one loved me. Something even told
>me to go and take a bunch of EllaVille to end it all. I was feeling pretty
>horrible. Of course, I did not do that. I know that it was a demon telling
>me this, and I even know that it was a demon that caused some things to
>happen, and caused me to react in the way I have with some situations.
>
>I think some times when Satan knows we are trying to keep a closer walk
>with Jesus, He loves to get his nose in our lives, and attack us. I believe
>this is what has been happening to me.
>
>Phil, could it be that I'm possessed with demons? I sure hope not.
>
>I love The Lord with all my heart, and I was doing soooooooooooo good,
>until a few weeks ago and things happened, and depression really set in.
>
>I've been way too emotional lately, everything makes me cry, and I don't
>like it.
>
>God Bless you all.
>
>Love,
>Pat Ferguson
>
>At 10:43 PM 6/1/04, you wrote:
> >      I know this isn't widely accepted, and most certainly not
> >easily accepted by most Christians, but demons do talk to us as
> >Christians.  Worse than this, they can actually put their
> >feelings upon us and speak in the first person.  This, of course,
> >makes us immediately think we have said it or we have felt it.  As
> >I said, most Christian find this difficult, if not down right
> >impossible, to believe.   they jump up and down and demand I show
> >them in the Bible where this is true and sometimes I am called a
> >heretic, a false teacher, and only the Lord knows what they say
> >when I can't hear them.  Regardless, it is true and if you choose
> >not to believe it is possible, then God bless you anyway.  when it
> >happens to you, however, don't forget where you heard it and what
> >you heard about it so you can Scripturally deal with it.
> >
> >      I am bringing this up right now because, in recent days, I
> >have had demons speak to me twice in the first person and even
> >attempt, in one case, to put their feelings upon me to confirm
> >what they said was true.  After all, if it feels true, it has to
> >be true.  Right?  Wrong.  Anyhow, here are the two separate
> >experiences I want to share with you.  Just in case it happens to
> >you, of course, some day a hundred years from now or something
> >like that.
> >
> >      A couple of weeks ago, I wasn't doing anything in particular
> >except for thinking about something in my life.  I suddenly heard
> >in my thoughts, "I'm a drunk."  Not, "You are a drunk," but, "I am
> >a drunk."  I almost laughed out loud.  Why?  Because not only am I
> [...]

Brad

   Manage conflict instead of avoiding it.  Conflict is often a necessary
step into unity