ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:51:46 -0500
Ned,

Yes, just as in Romans it says faith comes by hearing and hearing the word
of God", It constitutes faith comes by hearing and hearing and hearing and
hearing and hearing and hearing and well you get the meaning lol. Not just
by hearing once and now that is over with. If we did not hear it
continually, either by reading, listening to others repeat it and exhort
it, ourselves quote it, or praying, which is communicating to God,  we
indeed would lose it. The parable of the sower indicates that as well. We
must keep the soil from rocks, thorns, birds and keep it of good soil. If
let go unattended, just as our gardens, weeds will overtake it. I find it
hard to think of God, nor would I want, in my own pea brain thoughts, a God
who would lack such need for continual structure in order to keep me in
line. In my thoughts, grace does not  negate justness. We are justified by
our belief in Christ, without that we are not just, and  due to suffer the
consequences, and what does believe mean? As you said continual show and
grow of his Lordship in our lives. Sure we make stupid mistakes, but
the  change in one, once, he walks his faith out daily, is obvious to the
world, if not, then why be called Christ's own at all? If there is no
public show of the difference in our lives from before we were saved and
after, are we then saying God's power in our lives,  is powerless? I'd hate
to think that.

Brad

   Best two second counseling session. Admit it, quit it, and forget it!